September Goal Update
Last month, I posted a list of goals for September. Here's a little update! Oh, Happy Day!
1. Re-organize our finances- This one is still a work in progress, but I did manage to nail down exactly what we owe on two of our smallest loans and make my own "payment plan." I should have them both paid off within six months so...yay...? I even made a little bar graph and everything. Ha. It's the little things...I'm giving myself an A on this one.
2. Weed, mulch and plant mums- Again, a work in progress (Tim is in the process of building me some flower boxes), but for the most part, we're finished. If you want to get technical about it, I didn't finish this until October, but...we do currently have mums and mulch IN THE YARD. It counts. A+ cause weeding is hard.
3. Finish Make Things Happen +
1 More book- I'm giving myself a C+ I definitely could have worked... HOWEVER, I read a book about health and wellness (might share the title later, it was a life-changing book for sure, and I feel like the title alone doesn't do it justice). Reading it involved a lot of new recipes, meal planning and time on Pinterest (of course), so I felt like that cut into my reading time, a bit.
3a. Finish my Powersheets- Did.not.happen. Next month...?
4. Buy New Bras- I'm giving myself a "free pass" on this one. In hindsight, it was sort of silly to make this my goal for this particular month. Up until the end of September I was still breastfeeding Ella. I've also met a few weight loss goals since mid-September so, my body is bound to change over time. I'm going to try to see how things pan out before I go shopping. This may not be something I commit to until November or December. I'd hate to change sizes right after I make my purchases. You just never know.
5. Ella/ Mommy fun time- This one went really well. During the month of September, I wanted to be intentional about getting out of the house with Ella...especially now that she's getting older and interacting more with the world around her. With the help of my new MOPS group, we made a trip to Totter's Otterville which is basically a giant indoor play land for kids. It was lots of fun. We also went to the park twice. I recently started taking her little, pink "walk-about" for walks down our long driveway now that the weather has gotten super mild (read: gorgeous) instead of miserably hot. It's one of my favorite things to do with her.
6. Write our will- Ugh. No. This is one of those things where I have no clue where to start, so I just keep putting it off. Advice is welcome.
For October, I'm going to "cheat" and just carry over my unfinished goals to this month. That brings me back to my teaching days...whenever we'd have an unexpected snow delay, fire drill or assembly, I'd just have to draw BIG ARROWS all over my lesson plans for the week. October is one of my favorite months so...you'll hear no complaints from me!
Love and don't drink from the water table,
Holly, I get so excited when I see your new blog posts! Your flower boxes are stunning. I would be really interested to hear the name of the book you're talking about. I'm always looking for good development books! Your writing makes me want to take up blogging again, but in the mean time, I'll just follow your blogs and get all doe-eyed at your flower pots and little Ella. XOXO
Post a Comment