I wanted to do a lot in a small amount of time and space. What else is new, right? I wanted to share with you some important things that have happened in The Year I was 27 before beginning The Year I was 28...
which starts tomorrow. :)
I also wanted to share with you some blogs that I find adorable/useful/life changing/just stinking awesome. I'm addicted.
Let's pet two birds with one stone. (That's right, I said pet.)
Important Things. Important Blogs. One post.
Some A lot of these events/epiphanies were inspired by Real Live People writing Real Live Blogs. Others were just occurrences, coincidences, or perhaps just Things You Weren't Here For. The links are included, when relevant. Click on them, you won't regret it, and when you read them and love them (cause I know you will), remember to thank yours truly. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
This is the year that things started to move in slow slower motion. I found that I had turned 27 and suddenly, I could breathe I could think. I could see. (actually, thanks to a few of the happenings listed below). This list, these moments of absolute peace and clarity are the result of more air and better vision.
This little lady, who apparently has a birthday rather close to mine, put it best..."I feel like I'm jumping a mile."
Here's to more coffee, more miles, and more of the good life. It just keeps getting better.
- We decided that I am going to try to stay home with our kids. We got more focused on the goals related to our finances in an attempt to (someday) make it all work.
- My heart softened. I caught baby fever baby plague and became so.much.more.open. to the idea of babies and motherhood someday-probably-sort-of-still-far-away.
- We booked a cruise to Hawaii!!!
- I re-evaluated my body image and once-again began to pursue more healthy living and weight loss.
- I started to make things, and by golly, I liked it.
- I decided to start turning off the t.v. and pick up a good book gosh-darn-it! I also got inspired to cook, grow in my faith, and be a better friend, proving this little lady to be a jack of all trades!
- I survived the year without my grandpa.
- I started praying with my husband AND for my husband much more often.
- I found out amazing news from someone near and dear to my heart that I will share with you later.
- My Master's Program ended, thank- stinking- goodness!
- I took a closer look at what the heck I want to do with This Great Little Life. (and I owe you a live list!)
- We changed churches. We went back to where my heart has always been. We went home.
By the time I turn 29:
Participate in another 5 or 10K either walking or running
buy a pedometer and wear it regularly
Finish the ever-elusive book
Purchase an outfit entirely from thrift/second hand stores (minus the undies cause I find that creepy)
...and rock that outfit enthusiastically
Donate my time to some worthy cause at work (I officially took the year OFF in terms of volunteering after I finished my Master's)
Plant a flower garden in the bed by our back patio
Stop picking my nails long enough to justify a manicure
Listen to more Bob Dylan
Do cartwheels down the length of our driveway (and not care who sees it)
Learn to sew
Find my niche in terms of daily Bible-reading/quiet time
Remember how to spell words like restaurant (restaraunt?), commitment (committment?), and occurrences (occurrances?) . If not for spell check...
Pay off what little we still owe on our credit card (darn you, moving expenses!)
I love birthdays. I want to do a better job of honoring other people's birthdays. On second thought, add that to the list!
I will tell you now that I am forgetting 85 links and 95 things. Per usual. Maybe we'll title the next post Things I Forgot at the Ripe Old Age of 28.
Either way, I'm inspired. I'm happy. I'm pushing 30.
I hope you are, too. (cause I've heard 30 is the new 20.)
What can I say? This cup is half full. Isn't everyone allowed one cheesy picture on the day-before-their-birthday?
My best to you.